Do you know a young person in need of a job? Jobs for Delaware Graduates prepares people ages 16 to 21 for the work place by teaching them the skills that will enable them to be competitive.
The JDG Specialist works with school counselors and administrators to identify students for the program. Students who meet selection criteria and enrollment requirements are scheduled for the JDG class and receive credit each year. JDG is a certified career pathway.
JDG provides the following services:
- Utilization of an Individualized Service Strategy (ISS) enabling each participant to set personal, academic and career goals, and monitoring the participant's progress toward achieving those goals
- Assessments to determine participants' skills and job career interests
- An approved career pathway which meets state graduation requirements
- An approved, structured cooperation work experience for eligible seniors
- Course completion to bring students up to grade level and begin post-secondary education/training/placement
- Job skill development
- Job shadowing experiences
- Part-time and full-time job placement
- Follow-up services for 12 months after 12th grade that include continuation of counseling and job placement
- School dropout prevention through early intervention and service delivery
- School dropout recovery (outreach) from referrals and contacts provided by school teachers, counselors, administrators, parents, and state and local agencies or authorities
The JDG curriculum helps students develop: Good Study Habits, Basic math and communication skills, The importance of attaining a diploma, Problem solving, Realistic career interests, Career choices and compatible values, Sources of employment opportunities, Proper completion of job applications,
Effective resumes, Job interview techniques, Work cooperatively with others, Basic job survival skills and Important social skills.
For more information visit, http://jobsdegrads.org/